Sunday, October 11, 2009

CTMH - Make your own card box/holder

I love to make cards for gifts, but finding a way to present them can be a challenge!  I came up with this template to create a little gift box/holder to make when I'm giving cards as a gift.



Step 1: Cut a piece of cardstock - 7.75"x12".  I used Chocolate cardstock.  Lengthwise, score at 1".  Then flip it over and score 1" lengthwise on the other side.

Then, turn the paper on it's side.  Score at 1.5", 2.5", 7" and 8".  Cut the areas indicated on the template.



Another view - to see the score lines better:



Step 2: I sewed crystal blue buttons on the top and bottom using Chocolate embroidery floss.



Step 3: I then cut a piece of patterned paper to 5.625"x12".  I used Caprice Level 2 papers. I scored it at 1.5", 2.5", 7" and 8".  I cut 1/4" off the top and bottom so the final piece measures 4 5/8"x12".


Step 4:  I used the piece above to create a liner for the box:



Step 5: I tied Crystal Blue waxy flax on the top button, and can use that as a closure for the box by wrapping it around the top button, then the bottom button in a figure 8.



Step 6:  Decorate the box. I will post photos of that tomorrow. 
You can download the template for the cardholder here

If you have a large format printer, you can select 13x19 paper and no scaling.  It will print to actual size, if you wish. 

If you just want the measurements, choose to print on regular paper and scale to paper size.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails