Sunday, October 18, 2009

CTMH - 5x7 Box Template for you!

Box Bottom:
  • Cut a piece of paper 8.25"x10.25"
  • Score on all 4 sides 0.5" inch from edge.  
  • Score on all 4 sides 1.5" from edge
  • Cut lines noted on template in red.   
  • Fold along remaining score lines - 0.5" fold over and adhere
  • Fold along 1.5" score line. Fold in flap and adhere
  • Voila - you have a box bottom!

 

Box Top: 
  • Score along all 4 sides at 0.5"
  • Cut lines noted on template in red.   
  • Fold along score line. Fold in flap and adhere
  • Voila - you have a box top!


 


You can find the template pdf files here: top and bottom.

The beauty of this, is you can adjust sizing to whatever size cards you're making.  Just make sure that the bottom of the box is a little larger than your envelope size.  And when calculating the size of your box top, make sure that you add 1/8" to the interior length and width so that your lid fits on your box.  You can adjust to make a deeper box, or you can make a larger lid. 



If you use these templates, I'd love to hear your feedback and see your results!  



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to try your template to make boxes for the cards at my art show. I have painted a fake stone finish on 140 lb watercolor paper, and want to use that for a box. I will let you know how it goes! Thank you for posting this template! I've been looking all over the net for ideas.
    Lenora

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS, it kills me that I put a period where there should have been a comma, and I cannot change it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails