Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh, the irony!

I never pictured myself living at the beach, but here I am - for the past 17+ years.  I never pictured this; I'm a city girl after all.  (OK, actually, I'm a suburban girl, but loved to be in the city too). 

The funny thing is, I can't picture going back to suburbia/city life.  I'm used to a different pace of life here.  It's hectic in the summer, but oh, how I LOVE the fall at the beach.  There's nothing quite like it.  We don't have as many leaves changing color, at least not here in town, but we can find them close by.  

But here's the real irony - I'm allergic to shellfish.  And I live at the beach.   And I know what I'm missing. I didn't develop this allergy until I was 16, so I know the unique and wonderful tastes of crab, lobster and shrimp.  Every single restaurant here has seafood (go figure, eh?) It's always a challenge when we have out of town friends and guests, finding the perfect restaurant.  A week or so ago, we had family visiting, and we thought of the perfect place to go.  Unfortunately, the only reservation we could get was after 8.  So, we chose a different restaurant - and I certainly had my doubts.  The last time we were there, I was SO not impressed.  But this time, the food and service was WONDERFUL.  And they had a fabulous steak as well as delicious seafood (or so I'm told by members of my family).  So I enjoyed my steak, while looking longingly at the crab dip, crap soup, crab imperial and crab cakes.   
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails