Friday, October 2, 2009

CTMH Happy Halloween Card- Beware stamp set and a Tutorial

As soon as I saw Beware (D1381), I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do with the Happy Halloween sentiment!  To me, the "circle" around the words and bat looks like a full moon.  So I used the shadow stamping technique to achieve the look I wanted!

Step 1: I flipped the stamp onto the "wrong side" and inked it using Autumn Terracotta ink.  I didn't want it quite so dark, so I used 2nd generation stamping (stamping on scratch paper first, then stamping the image) to remove some of the ink.



Step 2: Then I flipped the stamp back over, and used Black Ink for the image.




This is how the image looked - exactly as I'd imagined it! You can see the difference that second generation stamping made when you compare it to the first image on scratch paper.






Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I saw this on the CTMH BB and didn't even realize you'd flipped the stamp for the background. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great stamp for "flip" for a background. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails