Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A cause near and dear to my heart

I have several friends that are walking in the Breast Cancer 3 Day in Philadelphia in October. Their team is called Team Dash. I want to do more to support these women. On September 1st, I will donate 10% of all product sales for orders placed directly with me or through my website for the period July 22, 2009 through August 31, 2009 to Team Dash.

Why is the cause important to me? My mother was a breast cancer survivor, and my best childhood friend, Jeanie, is as well. Their stories and treatments were very different. My mother didn't require additional treatment beyond a mastectomy, but Jeanie had to also face chemotherapy and radiation. It's for these two women (and the countless others) that I am supporting Team Dash.

So won't you join me in supporting Team Dash?

(Please note that this is a personal effort and will come from my commissions earned. This fundraising effort is not associated with Close to My Heart as a corporation).


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails