Sunday, May 10, 2009

Creative weekend!

I love creative weekends! Sometimes, it's fun just to create...for the sake of creating. I had one of those weekends this week.

I made some cards from the new Wishes book; I LOVE this book. I highly recommend it - beautiful and easy patterns.

This card is based on the "top band" pattern in Wishes. I used Bella Level 2 papers, Smokey Plum ink, and stamps: c1301 A thing of beauty and D1187 - For every occasion. What a great set of stamps that one is! Perfect sentiments for so many occasions.



These two cards are based on the same pattern: Simple Expressions.

This card followed the pattern almost exactly. I used the black stubble brush to sponge smokey plum ink at the top. (For some reason, I have an aversion to white on cards- don't know why...) I then used Bella papers again and the Best Wishes Stamp set (c1318).

For this card, I reversed the pattern (due to the direction of the graduation cap - it just looked better to me. I used Level 2 papers (It's a Guy Thing), barn red ink (again used the black stubble brush) and You Did It! stamps (C1351).

I also managed to create a layout this weekend, using the Tinkering Level 2 papers with sunflower cardstock. I used Reflections pattern - Bottom Border title. I added C1301 - A thing of beauty stamps (for title) and d1300 Circle Around with Twilight ink. I added a Just Blooms daisy with a sunflower brad, and it was done. So very easy.

Then it was time to alter! I have had this paint can, waiting to be altered for over two years I think.
I realized on Saturday that I needed something for entries for door prizes, and this was the perfect container for that! I used Moon Doggie level 2 papers, Moon Doggie my stickease, Giggle Lower Alphabet, ink and outdoor denim twill. Simple to complete, and I think it looks pretty sporty!

Finally, I decided to alter a picture frame to create a booking board for Stamping by the Sea next week. I used Caprice level 2 papers, Heavenly Blue and Cocoa inks, Giggle Lowercase alphabet, Tiny Type alphabet and Star Struck. I can't wait for the show - it's going to be so much fun! If you get there, stop by and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails